Assalamualaikum Warahmatullah....
I know I never kept my promise in updating my blog every single day. What a slothful person I am. So, I better eat my humble pie now.
These past few days I have been busy. Yes, you read it right. B-U-S-Y. What a life if a person does not have anything to do. And yes again, I will always and forever be busy which makes me have "NO-TIME-FOR-BLOGGING-SITUATION."
Being an academician in a completely new institution from my previous job field is totally alien to me. I was an editor before in KL and it didn't require me much to deal with people. Dealing with information is rather opposite than dealing with people. To be honest, I fall in love with the environment and the people around here on my first day of work. They are friendly. The students here, MasyaAllah really wonderful. They have high respect towards their lecturers. You can come here if you do not trust me.
Last night was the end of the English Week. (I know I never said anything about it). There were many activities during the whole week such as drama, choral speaking, spelling bee, reader's theater and board exhibition. You can see the undergraduates here and there practicing what they are going to perform. It's such a lovely environment. Everyone was eager and competing each other to be the best.
The top 5 for drama competition were performing and the winner was Hansel and Gretel.You're right, the theme was fairytale. My first time watching them and all I can say is FANTASTIC!! They made it.... I bet the audiences enjoyed so much because the hall was full house even till the end of the programme. They were very supportive towards each other. It's really a paid- off as they had been practicing since I don't know when. Other than Hansel and Gretel, there were Cinder Torest (male version of Cinderella), Beauty and the Beast, The Frog Prince and Bagpiper of Hamelin. They were so creative to the extends that they even had Harry Potter and Jacob in twillight performed on stage.
Many people giving their standing ovation to Hansel and Gretel. They were outstanding. I did like others too especially Cinder Torest ;p
I went back to Kak Farah's house around 1am and slept at 1.30am.
To the winners, you were magnificent!! Keep it up. To those who were not, don't give up. You can try for the next English Week which is in another 2 semesters if I'm not mistaken.
ttyl
p/s: I didn't bring any camera so there's no pictures. :(
Hijrah
3 months ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment